Savory Baked Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/8 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup crushed seasoned stuffing
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a shallow bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place the stuffing in another bowl. Dip chicken in mustard mixture, then coat with stuffing.
- Place chicken in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spritz chicken with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer reads 170°, 15-20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 210 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 664mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 21, 2017
Very good recipe. Just good flavor! For the person who doesn't know what savory is: it is an herb that has been used for over 2,000 years in Mediterranean cooking. It was brought to Britain by Roman soldiers & now grows in North America. It goes well with egg dishes, pasta & lentils. There is both summer & winter savory; summer is milder. I hope you do some experimenting with this delicious herb.
Apr 21, 2017
@Laura78. You asked about what is dried Savory? Look in the spice section at your super market. McCormick should have a bottle. Hope this information helps you. I also googled Dried Savory to see what it said.
Apr 20, 2017
What is dried savory? I've never heard of it.
Jan 19, 2016
Nothing to not like here. I used Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Stuffing mix for the stuffing. My daughter said it smelled like turkey. You could taste the mustard ever so faintly. Neither part over took the other. It was a nice blend. I give it 5 stars but don't plan to make it again for a while. I am trying lots of new recipes. Not sure how "diet" friendly this one is with the stuffing part. It was just a nice change from the boring chicken we have been eating.