Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the oil, tarragon, onion powder and pepper until blended. Drain asparagus; drizzle with oil mixture and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 74 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 11, 2018
This was good but really needed some salt, maybe some garlic. This is our preferred way of making asparagus, it tastes juicy and crisp.
Dec 3, 2010
I don't usually like asparagus, but I enjoy eating asparagus made this way.
May 19, 2009
a good way too keep Asparagus it too boil it for 3 mins then drop it in ice water for 5 mins remove from water let air dry for hour the place in a freezer bag make sure too remove all the air from the bag this will last in freezer for 6 too 9 months
May 18, 2009
That sounds sooooooo good. I will definitely try.