Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the oil, tarragon, onion powder and pepper until blended. Drain asparagus; drizzle with oil mixture and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 74 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jun 11, 2018
This was good but really needed some salt, maybe some garlic. This is our preferred way of making asparagus, it tastes juicy and crisp.
Dec 3, 2010
I don't usually like asparagus, but I enjoy eating asparagus made this way.
May 19, 2009
a good way too keep Asparagus it too boil it for 3 mins then drop it in ice water for 5 mins remove from water let air dry for hour the place in a freezer bag make sure too remove all the air from the bag this will last in freezer for 6 too 9 months
May 18, 2009
That sounds sooooooo good. I will definitely try.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.