Save a Penny Casserole
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) spaghetti in tomato sauce with cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Stir in soup, spaghetti and vegetables. Transfer to an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese if desired; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Dec 2, 2019
I didn't like the way the cream of mushroom soup fought with the spaghetti sauce so the second time I made this, I used cheddar cheese soup instead. I omitted the cheese and added a dab of sour cream, then sprinkled breadcrumbs on top before baking. I realize the original idea of this dish was to be cheap and that cheese soup costs more than mushroom, but it was much tastier that way.
Mar 21, 2014
Awesome recipe! Quick and easy I make it all the time
Nov 22, 2012
Easy and Fabulous
Oct 7, 2010
The canned spaghetti in this casserole gave it a bad taste. I wouldn't recommend this recipe. Visually, it is also not appealing.
Apr 21, 2010
This dish was quick and tasty! My whole family raved about it!
Sep 24, 2009
At the bottom of the page in the Comments section, there's a "Read All Comments" link. Just click on that. Avery
Aug 23, 2009
The photo is what caught my eye; looks like simple comfort food. I've made this 3-4 times, the last couple times using my own spaghetti with some jarred sauce. It's always good.
Mar 15, 2009
Have you ever tried this dish, peacejen? Don't judge a book by its cover; this dish is quite tasty.
Feb 4, 2009
Ugh, canned spaghetti? Canned veggies? Really? Sounds nasty!
Aug 20, 2008
how do we access the comments?