VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 2-4 minutes or until tender. Add zucchini; cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt and pepper; cook and stir 4-6 minutes longer or until squash is tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sauteed Squash with Tomatoes & Onions in Taste of Home April/May 2016, p38