Sautéed Rosemary Chicken
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Dash white pepper
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked fettuccine
- Lightly coat chicken with flour. In a large skillet, brown chicken in 4 tablespoons butter. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear. Meanwhile, saute mushrooms and onion in the remaining butter until tender; set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring broth to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; add rosemary and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until reduced by half. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in mushroom mixture. Serve chicken over fettuccine; top with mushroom sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 382 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 597mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Mar 16, 2018
The sauce on this recipe is very bland. It tasted like corn starch. I think the recipe calls for too much corn starch to make the gravy. While it did thicken up nicely, it was very bland. My family did not care for it and we threw out the left overs, as no one wanted to eat them.