VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds carrots, cut into 1-inch julienne strips
- 4 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute carrots in oil for 3 minutes. Add the broth and pepper. Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Combine the brown sugar, butter, lemon juice and peel; pour over carrots. Cook until sugar is dissolved and liquid is thickened. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4-5 servings.
Originally published as Sauteed Carrots in Country Woman September/October 2001, p35