Sauteed Baby Carrot Medley
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1-1/2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute carrots in oil for 1 minute. Add squash; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the red pepper, peas and garlic; saute 1 minute more.
- Add water. Reduce heat to medium. Cook and stir until liquid is evaporated and vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in the tomatoes, capers, salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 71 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Sep 13, 2010
I would have like the carrots to be a little softer but over all it was packed with flavor. We did not add the capers because we did not want to spend the money on them. The sun-dried tomatoes were a good touch! We also doubled the peppers and squash.