VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Dash white pepper
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked fettuccine
- Lightly coat chicken with flour. In a large skillet, brown chicken in 4 tablespoons butter. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear. Meanwhile, saute mushrooms and onion in the remaining butter until tender; set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring broth to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; add rosemary and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until reduced by half. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in mushroom mixture. Serve chicken over fettuccine; top with mushroom sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Rosemary in Taste of Home August/September 2002, p47