- 1 package (12 ounces) wonton wrappers
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 bunches green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- Lightly press wonton wrappers onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until edges are browned.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cheese, peppers, onions and salad dressing. Spoon a rounded tablespoonful into each wonton cup. Bake for 6-7 minutes or until heated through. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews forSausage Wonton Stars
"This has been a long time favorite recipe at our house. I leave out the green pepper as my husband does not like them and occasionally change up the cheese with what I have on hand but no matter how you make these you will love them!"
"I have made these many times just as written. They are absolutely wonderful. I made these for ladies golf today and they were a huge hit. Everyone was fighting to take any left home. I had to make them the day before and they were still wonderful. Better the same day but still great!"
"Great appetizer and loved by all !"
"Excellent recipe! I have used mini tart shells in lieu of wontons and it has worked great!"
"I love these, I do cut the wonton wrappers into rounds with a 2 3/4-3" biscuit cutter and call them Sausage Wonton "Moons".....maybe not as pretty, however leaving the wontons in stars, those little points are quite sharp."
"This is very close to the recipe I use. I spray the wonton wrappers with Pam before putting them in the oven the first time, instead of green onions I use a can of diced black olives, and I use more cheese and ranch dressing. I will have to give them a shot with green onions next time... if my wife allows it (once I make something she goes nuts over I am not allowed to tinker with it at all). :D"
"This are so good and so fun to make and serve. I followed the recipe and they turned out great!!"
"I like this recipe. I used ground turkey instead of sausage."