Sausage with Corn Stuffing
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3/4 pound pork sausage links
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) corn bread stuffing mix
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until browned and juices run clear. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat water. stir in butter until melted; remove from the heat. Add stuffing mix and parsley; stir just until moistened.
- Drain sausage; cut into 1/4-in. slices. stir the sausage, carrot, corn, onion and celery into stuffing mixture. Add cheese; toss to combine.
- Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 277 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 824mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Nov 18, 2012
i agree with ladriver1. I think bulk sausage would be a better choice. I also would use home made corn bread instead of a packaged mix. This recipe sounds like it could stand on its own as a casserole or as a side dish. I will try this and rate it later.
Jan 8, 2008
I would use bulk sausage
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.