"This is a quick-and-easy main dish that my family enjoys," writes Del Mason from her Martensville, Saskatchewan home. "Cooked ham, chicken or turkey make an excellent alternative to the breakfast sausages."
Recommended: 25 Stuffing Recipes for Thanksgiving
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 pound pork sausage links
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) corn bread stuffing mix
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until browned and juices run clear. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat water. stir in butter until melted; remove from the heat. Add stuffing mix and parsley; stir just until moistened.
- Drain sausage; cut into 1/4-in. slices. stir the sausage, carrot, corn, onion and celery into stuffing mixture. Add cheese; toss to combine.
- Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage with Corn Stuffing in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p61
Reviews forSausage with Corn Stuffing
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 8, 2008
"I would use bulk sausage"