"This is a longtime family favorite," notes Shauna Hamman of Mesa, Arizona. Sausage adds savory flavor to this speedy skillet supper, which is nicely priced at only 63 cents for each serving.
Recommended: Travel Around the World in 80 Meals
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 4-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 packages (2.1 ounces each) chicken noodle soup mix
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove meat and vegetables with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In the same skillet, combine the water, rice and soup mixes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in sausage mixture; heat through. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Vermicelli in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p51