- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Smoked Sausage Rope, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Divide between two pieces of double-layered heavy-duty foil (about 12-in. square). Fold foil around sausage mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSausage Vegetable Packets
"I must say, this is the best tasting, easiest to prepare meal I can think of. I used chicken pineapple sausage and that was a great substitute. Next time I will probably add some pineapple also. Of course, any veggie would be good. Serve with flavored rice. As for JWK45, just add all ingredients to foil as instructed in the recipe and bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or so. I will also make this in the oven when winter comes."
"I wish it would give instructions for doing in the oven. Too much work lighting up a grill just for this recipe."
"When I first saw this recipe it was summer and I tried it. Great idea, great taste and great clean up idea :) However, since I first saw it I have made the same thing many times, no matter the season. I do vary the vegetables depending on what looks best at the store. Sometimes I add onion, sometimes a sweet potato cut in smaller bites, always peppers of varying colors. Sometimes we don't even have meat; just all kinds of veggies. Great recipe turns into lots of different meals."
"Great flavor! I added more sausage & less vegetables."
"Love the one container method. Flavor was outstanding for my taste."
"This is one of our favorite meals! We never change anything."
"This is one of the best ideas ever!! Perfect, no corrections needed!!!"
"My family loves this recipe. It's always a big hit. I sometimes use andouille sausage for the people who like spicy food."
"when I make these packets with veggies, I always add a couple ice cubes for moisture and less butter/use PAM to spray my foil. I do turn mine, but double wrap the veggies and roll the edges together so they do not leak. Make these often during the summer months - great with or without the sausage. ..also use Kielbasa"
"I make a recipe similar to this and spray the foil with Pam first. Then I can use less butter, but it still tastes great and doesn't stick to the regular foil."