- 1 package (19-1/2 ounces) Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups thinly sliced Swiss chard
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 9 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or shredded fontina cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Using a slotted spoon, transfer sausage to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, spreading evenly. Remove drippings from pan.
- In same skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add Swiss chard, wine and garlic; cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until chard is tender and liquid is almost evaporated. Add to baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper until blended; pour over vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSausage-Vegetable Egg Bake
"This was excellent. I used smoked ham instead of sausage meat. The Swiss chard was sweet yet peppery. I would make this again. Janet. VFE"