Sausage Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained and cut up
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, cabbage, tomatoes, broth and soup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8 minutes. Stir in tortellini; cook 7-9 minutes longer or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup: 199 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 912mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Tortellini Soup
"Delicious! My husband thought it was something you would get at a nice restaurant. I added balsamic vinegar. It gave it a little bit of zing."
"Made this for dinner tonight. I didn't have a can of french onion soup so I used a can of consomme and sliced an onion and a carrot, and cooked those in a little butter before adding everything else. Next time I make it, I will make sure and have an extra can of broth, there wasn't a whole lot of liquid when it was done, or maybe that's just my own personal preference."
"Delicious and easy soup! I laid everything out and my dear husband made it for us for supper (he gets home earlier than I do). It had a wonderful rich flavor and the only thing we added was a side of garlic bread. Warmed our tummies with a hearty meal on a cold and damp night. We used a package of frozen cheese tortellini instead of the refrigerated verion, a can of the French onion soup starter sauce that is out now and a quart jar of our home-canned tomatoes. This recipe is a definite keeper--thanks for sharing it!"
"Loved it super easy to make and very tasty!"
"Super yummy! I made it a while ago, but I probably subbed beef consume for the french onion since I don't like onions."
"very good the whole family enjoyed. Used leftover Italian sausages! Definately a fantatic fall/winter soup!"
"We loved this soup -- child age 6 to adult!I am currently nursing so i substituted spinach for the cabbage and added the whole package of totellini (could only find a 20 oz package). It was fantastic like this as well! Have made this again and again!"