Sage and thyme really perk up these mouthwatering muffins made with handy baking mix. I like to keep a few in the refrigerator because the pork sausage and Swiss cheese make them perfect for breakfast in a hurry.—Patsy Spires, Cheshire, Ohio
Recommended: 50 Great Ways to Make Lasagna
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 ounces Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1-3/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the baking mix, sage and thyme. In another bowl, combine the egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cheese and sausage.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 9 muffins.
Originally published as Sausage Swiss Muffins in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p31
Reviews forSausage Swiss Muffins
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2009
"Took this to a faculty breakfast with visiting staff from a different school. They were totally impressed!"