Sausage & Sweet Potato Hash
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound maple pork sausage
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 large eggs
- Salsa, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in sweet potato, onion, chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, in another nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Break eggs, one at a time, into pan; immediately reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, 5-6 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks just begin to thicken. If desired, carefully turn eggs and cook second side to desired doneness. Sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper. Serve hash with eggs and, if desired, salsa.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup hash with 1 egg (calculated without salsa): 440 calories, 29g fat (12g saturated fat), 249mg cholesterol, 922mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 1, 2020
Too bland for my family. No one finished it and we threw the rest away.
Dec 31, 2016
I have made this several times and love it! I'm not a fan of maple flavor, but it works really well in this recipe. It is a great weekend breakfast entree..
Oct 24, 2015
Outstanding. The recipe yields 4 servings, but 3 people can easily devour this!