- 1 acorn squash (2 to 2-1/2 pounds)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ounces Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove seeds. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the sausage, egg, brown sugar, garlic and bread crumbs.
- Spoon into squash halves; place in a small shallow baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer inserted in the stuffing reaches 165°. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forSausage-Stuffed Squash
"Delicious!Have made several times and my family request I make them soon as they are ready out of the garden"