These cheese-topped baked potatoes stuffed with pork sausage are nearly a meal in themselves. "I learned to cook at my mother's side," recalls Janice Murray of Rogers City, Michigan, "and this recipe was a family tradition."
Recommended: 25 Healthy 13×9 Dinners to Make for Dinner Tonight
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 baking potatoes
- 1 package (12 ounces) Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender.
- In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Cool potatoes slightly; cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp and place in a bowl; add butter and mash. Stir in Parmesan cheese, pepper and sausage. Spoon into potato shells.
- Place in an 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sausage-Stuffed Potatoes in Country Woman March/April 2003, p37
Reviews forSausage-Stuffed Potatoes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review