Sausage-Stuffed Pizza Mushrooms
"These savory mushrooms taste a bit like pizza," says Kathy Andrews of Winter Springs, Florida.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 24 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Remove mushroom stems; set caps aside. Chop stems; set aside. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; remove with a slotted spoon.
- In the drippings, saute onions and mushroom stems. Stir in spaghetti sauce and sausage. Stuff into mushroom caps. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Mar 22, 2010
my daughter makes this recipe every time we have a family gathering and if she doesn't make it everyone complains that she didn't have it. We usually have around 35-40 people at our holidays gatherings. It is wonderful.