Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces bulk pork sausage
- Drain peaches, reserving 4 peach halves and 1/4 cup syrup (refrigerate remaining peaches and syrup for another use). In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, onion, egg, salt and pepper. Add sausage; mix well. Shape about 1/4 cupfuls of sausage mixture into balls; place each ball in the indentation of a peach half. Place peaches in a small greased baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes; drain. Pour reserved syrup over sausage; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and syrup is heated through.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 414 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 137mg cholesterol, 1074mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Aug 15, 2012
Very unique and definitely a conversation starter. It wasn't my favorite, but it wasn't bad. Pork and fruits go quite well together.
Jan 25, 2010
I was intrigued but dubious of this recipe, but I decided to try it. I'm glad I did because it's great!