Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces bulk pork sausage
- Drain peaches, reserving 4 peach halves and 1/4 cup syrup (refrigerate remaining peaches and syrup for another use). In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, onion, egg, salt and pepper. Add sausage; mix well. Shape about 1/4 cupfuls of sausage mixture into balls; place each ball in the indentation of a peach half. Place peaches in a small greased baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes; drain. Pour reserved syrup over sausage; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and syrup is heated through.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 414 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 137mg cholesterol, 1074mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 15, 2012
Very unique and definitely a conversation starter. It wasn't my favorite, but it wasn't bad. Pork and fruits go quite well together.
Jan 25, 2010
I was intrigued but dubious of this recipe, but I decided to try it. I'm glad I did because it's great!