- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen broccoli spears, thawed and drained
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken and mushroom soup, undiluted
- Place broccoli in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside. In a large skillet, brown sausage and onion until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat. Add cheese, crumbs, salt, pepper and egg; mix well. Flatten each chicken breast to 1/4-in. thickness. Place about 1/3 cup mixture down center of each chicken breast. Fold long ends over filling; fold ends up and secure with a toothpick. Place chicken, seam side down, on top of broccoli; spread soup over all. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes. Remove toothpicks before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSausage-Stuffed Chicken
"This was yummy! Although I didn't have some of the same ingredients, I substituted for the many of the ingredients.I used Broccoli Cheese soup instead of Cream of Mushroom.I used a package of frozen mixed veggies.I used plain oatmeal instead of bread crumbs.It turned out great & we had no leftovers!"
"This is a great recipe."