The addition of smoked sausage gives a unique and tasty twist to regular stroganoff. It's speedy, too.—Teresa Niesen, Rapid City, South Dakota
Recommended: 30 Quick Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes or Less
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (12 ounces) medium egg noodles
- 1 pound fully cooked smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage until heated through; drain. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Combine the soup, sour cream, cheese, seasoned salt and pepper; set aside.
- Add butter to skillet. Drain noodles and stir into skillet. Add soup mixture and sausage; toss to coat. Heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Stroganoff in Country Woman January/February 2000, p35
Reviews forSausage Stroganoff
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2011
"This is really good and really easy to make. Even my husband, who can be quite a picky eater, loved it! I've made it several times."