Sausage Stroganoff Soup Recipe
Helen Haviland of Greenfield, Illinois starts this rich soup with handy scalloped potato mix and brown-and-serve breakfast sausages. "It's not your ordinary potato soup," she assures.
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage links, thawed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) scalloped potatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Paprika, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook sausage and garlic until sausage is lightly browned, about 6 minutes. Stir in the contents of the potato and sauce packets. Add water, broth and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 14-16 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Stir in the cream, sour cream and mustard; heat through (do not boil). Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 340 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 1080mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Stroganoff Soup
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC