Sausage Strata Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups onion and garlic croutons
- 18 eggs
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Tomato slices, optional
- 1. Place sausage and croutons in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in cheese, milk and salt; pour into pan.
- 2. Bake uncovered at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Garnish with tomato slices if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 piece: 398 calories, 29g fat (13g saturated fat), 376mg cholesterol, 936mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Strata
"We make is quite often on our camping weekends. It does take a little longer in a camper oven but it's worth the wait."