At our cafe, breakfast is probably our busiest time of day. So I need recipes that are easy to prepare. The seasoned croutons are a fast way to add great flavor.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups onion and garlic croutons
- 18 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Tomato slices, optional
- Place sausage and croutons in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in cheese, milk and salt; pour into pan.
- Bake uncovered at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Garnish with tomato slices if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 398 calories, 29g fat (13g saturated fat), 376mg cholesterol, 936mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Sausage Strata in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.