Sausage is such a flavorful meat and it is so wonderful in this soup. It perfect for a cool fall day with a slice of homemade bread.—Shelia Murphy, Killdeer, North Dakota
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1-1/2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) condensed split pea with ham and bacon soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- In a Dutch oven, brown and crumble the sausage; drain. Add remaining ingredients; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.