Sausage & Spinach Crescent Bake
A classic Florentine casserole has spinach and cheese. I make a yummy version with mozzarella, mushrooms and sausage. It’s gone in the blink of an eye at our house. —Noelle Carle, Bristow, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage, mushrooms, onion and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles. Drain.
- Add spinach, mozzarella cheese, cream cheese and cream to sausage mixture; cook and stir until blended. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; press perforations to seal. Place over sausage mixture. Bake, covered, 10 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 12-15 minutes longer or until golden brown and filling is bubbly. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 401 calories, 29g fat (12g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 758mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Sausage and Spinach Pie in Simple & Delicious August/September 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.