- 1 package (6 ounces) savory herb-flavored stuffing mix
- 1/2 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare stuffing according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a large skillet. Add onions; cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing, sausage mixture and spinach. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. In a small bowl, combine cream and eggs; pour over sausage mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forSausage Spinach Bake
"I wouldn't change a thing. I have made exactly as written and even those who wouldn't touch spinach, love this dish! This is a wonderful recipe that I have used many times. I will be making it again tomorrow for a Thanksgiving side dish and there are never any leftovers! Thanks Kathleen for sharing this wonderful recipe!"
"Tasted good, but could have used a little more flavor. The only change I made was, I used a pound of sausage & made it in a 9x13. So it was on the thin side, next time I'll use the 7x11."
"As I prepared this I felt it needed more ZAP!! Sooo I used hot sausage ( with peppers) , added packaged onion soup to the chicken stock , added LOTS of FRESH ROSEMARY... I will substitute the spinach for fresh chopped kale next time .. I DOUBLED the recipe for a brunch BUT DID NOT DOUBLE the stuffing . I increased it slightly as I wanted the sausage and spinach to be the prominent ingredients.. I doubled the sausage .....however .... DO NOT OVERCOOK THE SAUSAGE !!!! Simply lightly brown it .. I USED SOME CELERY SALT INSTEAD OF ALL THAT CELERY ...... NOT A MORSEL WAS LEFT AT THE BRUNCH ... everyone wanted the recipe .. also I made it the day before so the spices could marinate .... enjoy"
"Love this! I did use the whole pound of sausage though."
"This was quite delicious! To make the stuffing I needed to use chicken broth but only had vegetable on hand. Worked out fine! As always, thawing and squeezing the spinach dry was pretty annoying and tedious. I also did find the recipe to be too salty for my taste. My husband loved it of course. Not sure how I can cut out some of the salt, but maybe I'll try turkey sausage next time. Overall a great meal, one I will make again, with an alteration or two."
"Delicious and good for any meal. I alter mine a bit by adding a full pound of sausage and extra spinach, half and half and eggs. Always turns out well and never any leftovers. Perfect dish for any potluck."
"Absolutely love this recipe, and I'm not even a fan of cooked spinach."
"Fabulous! I've had this in my "to try" file for YEARS and I wish I had made it sooner!! We had it for dinner with some cut up fruit on the side. Perfect and comforting on a snowy night! This would be wonderful for a brunch item."
"Our family loves this one! We have used it either as a side or as a main course. Good way to incorporate spinach into the diet of a family who refuses to eat their vegetables. Try it!"