Sausage, Spinach and Gnocchi
I get creative in the kitchen with dishes like this when we're too busy to go to the grocery store. My daughter loves this dish, and it's easy for little fingers to pick up while still learning to use utensils. —Carla Andrews, Lorton, Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Italian turkey sausage links (4 ounces each), casings removed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook sausage 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add spinach and tomatoes; cook and stir just until spinach is wilted.
- Stir in gnocchi and spaghetti sauce; heat through. Freeze option: Freeze cooled gnocchi mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a skillet, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary.