Maria Costello of Monroe, North Carolina writes,"Since I work, I look for recipes like this that are quick and easy and fit into our budget," At about 71¢ a serving, this dish fills the bill for Maria and her husband, who love sausage.
Recommended: 42 Better-for-You Pasta Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Polish Kielbasa Sausage Rope, thinly sliced and halved
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 cups hot cooked spaghetti
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and celery over medium heat until vegetables are tender. Add the tomatoes, mushrooms, oregano, basil and garlic salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Spoon over spaghetti; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Spaghetti Supper in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p37