Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 40 min.
Makes10 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 1 pound bulk turkey breakfast sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups water
- 2 reduced-sodium chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1-1/2 cups evaporated skim milk
- 2/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven over medium heat, cook sausage and onion until sausage is not longer pink and onion is tender; drain. Add water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Add potatoes; seasoning blend, pepper and sage; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in corn and milk; heat through. Garnish with red pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 269 calories, 8g fat (0 saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 519mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 lean meat, 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Feb 23, 2009
I made this for a Soup Swap that I hosted this past weekend. It was wonderful. I loved the flavors and it was so easy to make. It was my first time every making soup, and I will make this again. I used pork sausage, but I'm going to try the turkey sausage next. Very good easy soup.Diane Burdette, Brandywine, MD