Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 40 min.
Makes10 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups water
- 2 reduced-sodium chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1-1/2 cups evaporated skim milk
- 2/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- In a soup kettle or Dutch oven over medium heat, cook sausage and onion until sausage is not longer pink and onion is tender; drain. Add water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Add potatoes; seasoning blend, pepper and sage; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in corn and milk; heat through. Garnish with red pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 269 calories, 8g fat (0 saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 519mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 lean meat, 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Feb 23, 2009
I made this for a Soup Swap that I hosted this past weekend. It was wonderful. I loved the flavors and it was so easy to make. It was my first time every making soup, and I will make this again. I used pork sausage, but I'm going to try the turkey sausage next. Very good easy soup.Diane Burdette, Brandywine, MD
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.