Sausage Sliders with Cran-Apple Slaw
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2/3 cup coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage
- 1/3 cup chopped apple
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons barbecue sauce
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese, halved
- 8 dinner rolls, halved and toasted
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 8 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Chill until serving.
- Shape sausage into eight patties. In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear, adding cheese slices during the last 1-2 minutes of cooking time.
- Spread rolls with mustard; top each with a sausage patty, lettuce and 2 tablespoons coleslaw mixture. Replace roll tops.
Nutrition Facts2 sliders: 672 calories, 43g fat (15g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 1250mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 13, 2013
I made these for dinner and now my DH asks for them all the time! So epically good, so easy and everyone loves them. I made just the slaw for a family picnic and it was gone before the potato salad and that's never happened before!
Jul 10, 2013
I am not a fan of apples or dried cranberry's in my coleslaw or bbq sauce so I left them out. The result was a very tasty slider that i would serve at any get together.
Oct 21, 2011
My husband really liked these. They were easy, fast, and very good. We especially liked the coleslaw, and I plan on making a larger batch sometime to just eat as coleslaw and not just to add to the sausage patties. I liked the coleslaw even though I really don't like nuts at all! This recipe is a keeper.
Oct 21, 2011
This was excellent. Served mine on mini pretzel bagels - it was outstanding!
Oct 15, 2011
This was SOOOOO good! I was a little nervous while making it, just because it seems a little different, but all those flavors together is just fabulous! EVERYONE loved it, which is saying a lot in this family!!!