Sausage Skillet Supper
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup picante sauce or salsa
- In a large skillet, crumble sausage. Cook until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 269 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 504mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 5, 2014
Altho it's been quite some time since making, thoroughly enjoyed this.
Feb 7, 2013
Very easy. Very quick. Used spicy pork-- yummy! Next time may try an Italian version. Subbing Italian seasoning maybe.
Jul 9, 2011
My picky eaters liked it. I made it with out the kidney beans because they dont like beans.
Mar 7, 2011
This was a wonderfully quick and easy dish to make. I did add more salsa and it came out great.
Aug 11, 2009
I substituted turkey bulk sausage for the pork sausage to lower the fat content, but kept all the other ingredients the same. It is not only fast but delicious!
Nov 12, 2008
This was so easy to fix and really yummy! My boyfriend LOVED it!