Sausage-Seafood Mini Corn Muffins
"I pack big seafood taste into these bite-size appetizers," writes Melissa Jane Robinson of Indianapolis, Indiana.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) corn bread stuffing mix
- 4 ounces turkey Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 cups finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 6 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-3/4 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- In a food processor, process the stuffing mix until finely crushed; set aside. Crumble sausage into a large nonstick skillet; add the onion, celery and oil. Cook over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in the next seven ingredients and crushed stuffing. Fold in 2 cups cheese.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons into miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 156 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 589mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.