Sausage Scalloped Potatoes
"I adapted my mother's creamy entree recipe for the microwave," relates Erlene Crusoe of Litchfield, Minnesota.
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 4 medium red potatoes, halved and thinly sliced (3-1/2 to 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. Place sausage in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 2. Place butter in a 2-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Heat on high for 45-60 seconds or until melted. Whisk in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-10 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring every 2 minutes.
- 3. Stir in potatoes and onion. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes; stir. Heat 4 minutes longer. Stir in the sausage. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring every 4 minutes or until potatoes are tender and sausage is heated through. Stir. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
1 cup: 393 calories, 27g fat (12g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 1291mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Jul 7, 2012
This is one of my favorite. In fact I am taking it to a family reunion tomorrow
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC