Sausage & Salsa Breakfast Burritos
The best of breakfast gets wrapped up snugly in a hand-held feast for a guilt-free meal on the go. —Michelle Burnett, Eden, Utah
- 5 breakfast turkey sausage links
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) egg substitute
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 whole wheat tortilla (8 inches), warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. Cook sausage links according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the egg substitute, salsa and pepper. Pour into a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are nearly set. Chop the sausage links. Add to egg mixture; cook and stir until completely set.
- 2. Spoon 1/3 cup egg mixture off center on each tortilla and sprinkle with 4 teaspoons cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
1 burrito: 265 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 602mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC