Sausage Red Beans ‘n’ Rice
This easy-to-make recipe has been a staple in my recipe file for about 10 years. My husband and I both enjoy cooking it.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 pound fully cooked Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Smoked Sausage Rope, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup canned Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce), undrained
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a skillet, saute green pepper, onion and garlic in butter until crisp-tender. Add sausage; cook and stir until browned. Add the tomatoes, beans, oregano and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 385 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 1522mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 10g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Sausage Red Beans 'n' Rice in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.