- 2 pounds sweet Italian sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 5 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook the beans, green peppers, onion, shallots and garlic in butter and oil over medium heat until tender. Stir in the zucchini, tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper, pepper flakes and allspice. Cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in sausage and parsley; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with rice. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews forSausage Ratatouille
"I just used this as a general guideline and changed it to what I had in the garden. It was really good!"
"I love that its a fast recipe, looks pretty with all the colors of vegetables and taste good."
"Very tasty! I used hot Italian sausage instead, and cut out the red pepper flakes. This is an excellent dish for utilizing stuff grown in your garden!"