Sausage Raisin Dressing
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 3/4 cup each chopped celery, green pepper and onion
- 6 cups cubed day-old bread (1/2-inch cubes), crusts removed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, celery, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes, water chestnuts, raisins, salt and pepper. Add sausage mixture and toss to coat. Whisk eggs and broth; pour over bread mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 197 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 638mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Jan 12, 2013
This recipe was really simple but really good. Perfect for a quick side dish.. I am allergic to corn products ( cornbread ) so this fit me perfect. Thanks
Nov 17, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your treasured recipe , I looved it ! it s one of my favorites already , and I am sharing it with friends
Nov 12, 2012
I use raisin bread end pieces instead of adding raisins and regular day old bread. I save the ends of the raisin loaf and stick it in the freezer so when I'm ready to make stuffing, I have the raisin bread already. Raisin bread is very expensive and since my family doesn't like the ends, this way it is not wasted and the stuffing is yummy.
Nov 12, 2012
Had a recipe like this years ago and this one tastes just like it glad I found it again,really tasty
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.