- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3/4 cup each chopped celery, green pepper and onion
- 6 cups cubed day-old bread (1/2-inch cubes), crusts removed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, celery, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes, water chestnuts, raisins, salt and pepper. Add sausage mixture and toss to coat. Whisk eggs and broth; pour over bread mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forSausage Raisin Dressing
"This recipe was really simple but really good. Perfect for a quick side dish.. I am allergic to corn products ( cornbread ) so this fit me perfect. Thanks"
"Thank you so much for sharing your treasured recipe , I looved it ! it s one of my favorites already , and I am sharing it with friends"
"I use raisin bread end pieces instead of adding raisins and regular day old bread. I save the ends of the raisin loaf and stick it in the freezer so when I'm ready to make stuffing, I have the raisin bread already. Raisin bread is very expensive and since my family doesn't like the ends, this way it is not wasted and the stuffing is yummy."
"Had a recipe like this years ago and this one tastes just like it glad I found it again,really tasty"