When Ruth Lee of Troy, Ontario needed a quick dish, she came up with this tempting entree stuffed with sausage and veggies.
- 1 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links link, casing removed
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Sour cream and salsa, optional
- 3/4 to 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Crumble sausage into a large skillet; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain; set sausage aside. In the same skillet, saute onion and red pepper in 1 teaspoon oil for 5 minutes. Add corn and seasonings. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in tomato and sausage; heat through.
- 2. Spoon over one side of each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese; fold over. Cook in remaining oil over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Cut each into three wedges. Serve with sour cream and salsa if desired.
1 each: 486 calories, 26g fat (11g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 835mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Sep 26, 2011
quick and easy and tasty
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC