- 1 pound fully cooked smoked sausage, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 package (5-1/4 ounces) au gratin potatoes
- 2-2/3 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook sausage and onion in oil until lightly browned; drain. Stir in carrots, potatoes with contents of sauce mix, water and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in broccoli; cover and cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSausage Potatoes Au Gratin
"I made this for the first time last night and it went over really well! I substituted the carrots and broccoli for mixed veggies, and had to increase the water a little as the potatoes cooked, but overall it was super easy to make!"
"We've been making this for years. Excellent for a crockpot for carryins."