Sausage Potato Medley
We raise our own meat and vegetables on our farm. I had few recipes that used sausage, so I developed this one. I tried it out when my Home Extension Club came for brunch, and everyone liked it and asked for the recipe.—Marie Clouse, Hope, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups whole milk
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook for 5 minutes. Drain; place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Spoon over potatoes; sprinkle with cheese.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Pour over cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 437 calories, 28g fat (14g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 723mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Sausage Potato Medley in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.