- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. In a bowl, combine soup, milk, onion, salt and pepper. In an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, layer half the potatoes, soup mixture and sausage; repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until the potatoes are tender. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese; return to the oven until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forSausage Potato Casserole
"This was really good. Just didn't have enough to make the multiple layers, which is on par for most layered recipes, but it still tasted great. Will double recipe to make the multiple layers next time."
"this is my husbands and i ultimate favorite dish"
"A hearty dish that is simple and easy to make! I added in some mushrooms and garlic while cooking the sausage."
"perfect for fall"
"Have made this many times. I always have to double it cause they eat it like crazy"
"Simple & easy!"
"We love this dish. The only change I make is using cream of celery soup instead of cream of mushroom."
"This dish is a mainstay at our house. Excellent flavor indeed!!"
"I have made this once and am making it again tonight. It is a great dish and we just loved it. I did add some real bacon bits on top when added the cheese and used Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar which, in my opinion the BEST cheese in the world.(just so you know ha)A super duper casserole!!"