- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme or oregano
- Additional minced chives, optional
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Arrange half of the potatoes in a greased 8-in. square baking dish; sprinkle with salt, pepper and half of the sausage. Top with remaining potatoes and sausage; sprinkle with pimientos. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, chives and thyme; pour over the top.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Sprinkle with additional chives if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSausage-Potato Bake
"This is a great tasting recipe. I have made this many times and I love it. I use jimmy dean "sage" sausage and thats the kicker, with added cheese its even better, but not healthier and its so easy to make!"
"I agree with the previous review. This was just ok. We didn't starve. If I was going to make this again I would make several changes. The thyme was over powering. Needs layers of cheese and more salt on potatoes."
"This was just 'okay.' I won't be keeping the recipe for my files. I am glad I did not fix it for company. I did add some shredded cheese to the top right before I took it out of the oven."