- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, sweet red pepper and green pepper
- 2 packages (6-1/2 ounces each) pizza crust mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and peppers over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Combine crust mixes; prepare according to package directions. With greased fingers, press onto the bottom of a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Combine the sausage mixture, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and egg; spread over dough to within 1/2 in. of the edges.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese, oregano and garlic powder. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Arrange seam side down on pan and shape into a crescent. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews forSausage Pizza Loaf
"Delicious and loved by everyone (both kids and adults)."