Sausage & Pepper Pizza
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) pizza crust mix
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1-1/4 cups shredded pizza cheese blend
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 2 fully cooked Italian chicken sausage links, sliced
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. Prepare pizza dough according to package directions. Press dough onto bottom and 1/2 in. up sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Spread with pizza sauce. Top with 1 cup cheese blend, onion, pepper and sausage; sprinkle with remaining cheese blend.
- Bake 17-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 piece (calculated without Parmesan cheese): 257 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 565mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 medium-fat meat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 23, 2017
Fast , easy and delicious. Made this today for my husband and myself, I will certainly make this again! Perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
Sep 29, 2017
This was quick, easy, and not expensive to make at all. Instead of a jar of purchased pizza sauce, I used an 8 oz can of tomato sauce and added to it: basil, oregano, a pinch of thyme, and garlic powder (not garlic salt). I also tossed some sauteed mushrooms on the pizza. Good stuff!
Sep 28, 2017
Nothing like Fresh ! Pizza in a flash. This was quick , easy and tasty. I made a free form style crust. Nice and thin. The way our family likes it. Perfect toppings makes this one a winner. Its pizza in a snap.Taste of Home Volunteer Field Editor
Sep 25, 2017
This pizza was very easy and quick. However, I did use a different crust and a I doubled the sausage as two links wouldn't be enough for my teenage boys. That's one of the things I love about these recipes, they are easily adapted without changing the taste. Delicious.
Sep 20, 2017
I would say 5* rating for this recipe! My changes were making my own crust and using 3 cooked Italian turkey sausage links. I DID use more pizza sauce and cheese blend. "Volunteer Field Editor"
Sep 16, 2017
I prepared this pizza today and it was perfect tailgate food for our football game even at home. This is a definite five-star recipe. I used a refrigerated pizza crust in a 10x15-inch jelly roll pan. Just remember to spray the sides with nonstick spray as well as the bottom. I added pepperoni as we are pepperoni fans. Hubby couldn't stop eating this delicious pizza and neither could I. Easy and delicious. I highly recommend this pizza.Volunteer Field Editor