Sausage & Pepper Pierogi Skillet
A package of pierogi lets me serve this skillet meal in a hurry. The whole family goes for it. —Molly Flessner, Bloomington, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (12.84 ounces) frozen mini four-cheese pierogi
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound smoked turkey kielbasa, halved lengthwise and sliced diagonally
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- Boil pierogi according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add kielbasa, pepper and onion; cook and stir 10-12 minutes or until sausage is browned and onion is tender. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add pierogi; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned. Return kielbasa mixture to pan; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 257 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 968mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as 10 Minute Sausage Skillet in Simple & Delicious February/March 2016
Jan 19, 2017
This is a very easy dish. I will try it again. However, I will fry the pierogi instead of boiling them. They were mushy compared to the rest of the dish. Or, I will serve them on the side.
Dec 2, 2016
easy and delicious. my husband loved it