Sausage Pecan Stuffing
Sweet, savory, crunchy and spicy ingredients make this a fabulous turkey stuffing. Leftover stuffing could be a meal in itself!
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 70 min.
Makes16 servings (12 cups stuffing)
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) herb stuffing mix
- 1 package (15 ounces) golden raisins
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 6 celery ribs, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder, caraway seeds, curry powder, dried basil, dried oregano, poultry seasoning and pepper
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add herb packet from the stuffing mixes. Stir in the raisins, pecans, celery and seasonings; cook for 10 minutes. Add stuffing mixes and broth; mix well. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through and lightly browned.
Editor's Note: This stuffing is suitable to stuff a 12- to 14-pound turkey.